Dark Skies Severe Weather Seminar Master of Ceremonies
- Chief Meteorologist from August, 1999 to present. Morning meteorologist from September, 1990 to August, 1999. On-air television Meteorologist for 5, 6, 9, and 10 PM newscasts.
- Provide live and recorded weekday morning and afternoon weather forecasts for radio stations WMGN, WWQM, and WTDY in Madison, WI, WCLO and WJVL in Janesville, WI, WGLR-AM/FM in Lancaster, WI and WPVL-AM/FM in Platteville, WI.
- Provide daily forecast updates and weather content for Channel 3000 web site (www.channel3000.com).
- Present weather educational talks for schools and severe weather seminars for businesses and the general public.
Warning Coordination Meteorologist at National Weather Service-Milwaukee
Assistant Emergency Management Director at Dane County – Preparedness
Dr. Louis Uccellini
Assistant Administrator for Weather Services, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and Director, National Weather Service
Dr. Leigh Orf
Observing and Modeling Supercell Thunderstorms and Tornadoes
- Associate Scientist, Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Systems (CIMSS).
- His research focuses on severe weather, including supercell thunderstorms, tornadoes, & downburst
- He is especially interested in obtaining new insight into the atmosphere by efficiently utilizing high-performance computing (HPC) resources, such as the Blue Waters supercomputer.
- His past presentations have included the International Computing for the Atmospheric Sciences Symposium, Sept. 15, 2015, Annecy, France – Valparaiso University 13th Annual Great Lakes Meteorology Conference & the 19th annual Severe Storms & Doppler Radar Conference.
Community Preparedness Program Specialist
FEMA, Region V
American Family Insurance
Personal Lines Product Research Senior Specialist
- New home construction
- Homeowner’s insurance policy
Dr. Shane Hubbard
Associate Researcher Space Science and Engineering Center University of Wisconsin
Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Systems (CIMSS)