Doors Open at 7:30 AM. Information Area (aka the Gateway, see Information Area tab) will be available from 8 AM- 1PM.
Order of Speakers subject to change. Seminar starts at 8am.
- Seating, Welcome and Appreciations
- Gary Cannalte – Media’s role during severe weather, forecast and public warnings.
- Midland Radio Corporation – Severe weather and emergency warnings, alert methods.
- Tim Halbach, National Weather Service – Weather Ready Nation, MKX Sullivan WI Weather Office
- J. McLellan, Dane County Emergency Management – Emergency Preparedness
- Dr. Mary Ann Cooper, Lightning Specialist – Formation, Myths, Mechanics, Injury and Prevention
Please visit www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov for additional lightning information.
- Lunch on your own
Lunch items will be available in the Madison Cafeteria area. This will be on a cash basis – no credit/debit cards and/or checks please. This is provided by the Madison College Geology Club!
There are numerous eatery venues within minutes of Madison College.
- Dr. Matthew Lazzara – Climate Association
- Rick Kohls – Satellite Imagery & Weather Pehnomena
- Rusty Kapela – Radar Interpretation
- Chad Woodward – Severe Weather/Spotter Class
- Closing Remarks and Door Prizes